1. I turned 51 yesterday. It was mostly a non-event.
2. As of today, I have lost 50 pounds since Jan 21. That represents just over 18% of my original body weight.
3. At the gym today, I wrapped a bath towel around myself, and it went around me with just a small gap at the bottom 3 or so inches. I actually cried with happiness. Silly, I know.
4. I'm comfortably in a size 18W. That's down from 24W, which was a tight fit in January.
5. In 3 weeks, I've increased the amount of weight on my strength training exercises by 10 pounds. My trainer said that's a great achievement.
6. Last summer when I flew to Italy, I struggled to get the seat belt closed, and it was tight the entire flight. Last week when I flew to California, closing the belt was a breeze, and I pulled about 3 inches of "tail" to tighten it.
7. My bicep muscles actually pop when I flex my upper arm.
8. I am awesome. :)
- Current Mood: accomplished
Unfortunately, I was back to work from my vacation today. *sigh*
I'll make a lovely posty about my travels in the next day or so. For now, I must go night-night so I can get up and go to work again tomorrow. *double sigh*
I ganked this one from skyblue_reverie.
1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
2) What was your dream growing up?
3) What talent do you wish you had?
4) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
5) Favorite vegetable?
6) What was the last book you read?
7) What zodiac sign are you?
8) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
9) Worst Habit?
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
11) What is your favorite sport?
12) Do you have a Negative or Optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
16) Do you have any pets?
17) What if i showed up at your house unexpectedly?
18) What was your first impression of me?
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
27) What's your favorite place to hang at?
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
30) Do you swear a lot?
31) Biggest pet peeve?
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
35) Do you believe in God?
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
Hello, my dears! I know it's been a very long time since I've been around, and I have definitely missed you.
I found that I needed to distance myself from LJ for a while because it had become a bigger part of my life than was good. So while I've been gone, I've made friends with real life... can you believe it? And for the most part, it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared. Hee!
So what's been going on? Well, in brief...
Work continues as usual. I got a new job last summer (same company, different department), and I still have a lot of training to do to really feel like I'm a productive member of the team. The good thing is that I've learned a lot so far, and I'm still collecting my bi-weekly paycheck! heh.
In January I turned over a new leaf re: eating and exercise. To date, I've lost 49 pounds! Yay! I still have a way to go, but I'm thrilled with my progress so far. I feel so much better, both physically and emotionally, and I've recently started buying some new clothes to go with my new body.
Kids are doing well... both now graduated from high school and working; the younger one is also attending community college.
This week I'm on vacation, and I'm thrilled to be spending the time in California with the darling and ever-lovely skyblue_reverie. We've had a corking good time so far, and I still have another day or so before it's time to go home. I'll post a full report when vacation's over.
Yesterday we spent the day with rivers_bend, which was super fun. We saw butterflies and Iron Man and two Supernatural episodes and hung out and gabbed and ate dim sum and pizza (not at the same time... ewwww!) and had the best time evar!
Enough about me for now. How about you... what have you been up to? What's new and fascinating in your lives? Tell me all the news!
*big hugs and smooches*
I iz soooo happy to be here!!! :D *squees and twirls*
As you may or may not have noticed, I've not been around for the past month or so. Real life took over, and I've been seeing to a variety of things offline: a visit from skyblue_reverie, transition to a new job at work, time with my family, and some in-depth overdue housecleaning and clearing out.
If I owe you email or anything else, please accept my apologies for my absence. I'll be catching up on everything over the next few days, including emails, comments, belated thanks for all my lovely birthday gifts, a trip report from Sky's visit, a general "what's been going on with me" post, and so on.
Hope you've all been well and staying cool if you live in areas affected by some of the recent heat waves. Looks like we're in for another one this week, so take it easy!
It's good to be back... I've missed you all! :D
- Current Mood: glad to be back!
Your Score: Exclamation point
You scored 53% Sociability and 41% Sophistication!
Yes, you are fine around others. Fine. But you wish you could have just a *little* more alone time. Okay, well, a lot more alone time. In fact, you'd be happier if you didn't have to go out nearly as much. You get along very well with the period, who tries mightily to take up as much of the load as he can. But fools will not listen. You want to scream, "Cut it out, for the love of Safire!" But, all of that notwithstanding, you do your duty. And, if sometimes you feel like a Chicago street hooker, you also remember that you really do have an important role to play. Your soul remains pure. Hold your head high!
|Link: The Which Punctuation Mark Are You Test written by Gazda on OkCupid, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
- Current Mood: work - but going home soon!
I'll share that this is a milestone birthday for me... a *big* milestone. Post here with your guess; you get extra points if you guess correctly! :D
And since it's been a few months since I saw this going around and it was fun the last time I played (hi skyblue_reverie! -- from whom I shamelessly ganked this!), I figured I'd add it here: Fuck, Marry, Kill. You get three people and you have to decide what you're going to do with each of them and why. The fuck is a one-night stand; the marriage is sexless; and the kill is, um, kinda obvious, no? I'll start... Stephen Fry, Control, Jeeves. Have fun!
- Current Location:my bedroom
- Current Mood: giddy
- Current Music:Les Mis
Kate is my all-time favorite. Huzzah!
Your Score: Katharine Hepburn
You scored 21% grit, 28% wit, 38% flair, and 23% class!
You are the fabulously quirky and independent woman of character. You go your own way, follow your own drummer, take your own lead. You stand head and shoulders next to your partner, but you are perfectly willing and able to stand alone. Others might be more classically beautiful or conventionally woman-like, but you possess a more fundamental common sense and off-kilter charm, making interesting men fall at your feet. You can pick them up or leave them there as you see fit. You share the screen with the likes of Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, thinking men who like strong women.
Find out what kind of classic leading man you'd make by taking the Classic Leading Man Test.
|Link: The Classic Dames Test written by gidgetgoes on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test|
ETA: ( And for fun, I tried the Classic Leading Man Test, too!Collapse )
- Current Mood: content
Word Count: 2830
Summary: Bertie finds out how handy Jeeves can be.
Disclaimer: Neither of these amazing characters belongs to me; I'm only borrowing them temporarily. Thank you, Plum!
Author's Note: This was written for Third Annual Kink/Cliche Challenge. My prompt was caught masturbating, and I picked my favorite English gentleman and his valet as my fandom of choice. For your reading pleasure, here is where you can find all the challenge entries!
Bounteous thanks are showered upon my fabulous beta guru skyblue_reverie who, as always, keeps the voices on track and the characters themselves. Thank you ever so much, my darling!
( Jeeves Lends a HandCollapse )
- Current Mood: creative